Re: Netscape 3 & cookies

"J.H.M. Dassen \(Ray\)" <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> I don't know if it can be done with netscape 3; in case it can't, you could
> work around it by installing "junkbuster" on your box and using that as a
> web proxy.

You don't have to do that if you make the cookie database (cookies.txt in
~/.netscape directory if I remember correctly) a symbolic link to /dev/null
(ln -s /dev/null ~/.netscape/cookies.txt) and set NS to accept all cookies.
When the cookie database is linked to /dev/null any cookie written to it
will be thrown away.

--
     /Tommi K/
Nobody said computers were going to be polite