Re: Netscape 3 & cookies

On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 05:07:52PM +0000, Richard Harran. wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can make netscape 3 refuse all cookies without
> prompting me: there no good to me, and slightly sinister, but some sights
> try to set so many, its a nuisance to refuse them all by hand.

I don't know if it can be done with netscape 3; in case it can't, you could
work around it by installing "junkbuster" on your box and using that as a
web proxy.

Personally, I block cookies except for the few sites that do something
with them that's actually useful for me: slashdot.org, freshmeat.net,
www.segfault.org, www.cyberliberties.org (all use cookies to provide
"accounts") and ftpsearch.ntnu.no (uses cookies to store my preferences)).
This is easily done through junkbuster's /etc/junkbuster/cookiefile .

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would