Re: [HalloweenII] RedHat and Debian:

Greg Vence wrote:

> Vincent Murphy wrote:
> >
> > > Well, not to rock the boat, but I see more .rpm's that I do .deb's
> > > on the net.  I mean, yeah, you can go to www.debian.org to get a
> > > whole boatload of packages, but that's about as far as you go.
> >
> > I think a lot of rpm's you see out there suck. One of the reasons I dig
> > Debian so much is the .deb packages are so great, and because they (generally)
> > (un)install themselves really well. The same can't be said of rpm, I think.
> > All I know is I was pissed off when I was using .rpms with Redhat, and when I
> > started using dpkg on debian, I was very pleased. And still am.
> >
> If you think RH is bad at uninstall, you should run in M$ environment
> more often, PITA!!!!!!  (I mean dude, why would you want to uninstall
> Office? -- M$ Tech Support (not words but attitude))

Oops, besides ranting, I meant to point out that this is why M$ can't
see anything but the top dog.  That's all they seem to be interested
in.  Remember, to them its about making money.  That changes their
perspective.  I've sat in meetings where the real goal was to figure out
how little we had to do to get 80% of users to spend $50 for an
upgrade...

 -- Greg.
--
What do you want to spend today?
Debian GNU/Linux  (Free for an UNLIMITED time)