Re: [HalloweenII] RedHat and Debian:

> Well, not to rock the boat, but I see more .rpm's that I do .deb's
> on the net.  I mean, yeah, you can go to www.debian.org to get a
> whole boatload of packages, but that's about as far as you go.

I think a lot of rpm's you see out there suck. One of the reasons I dig
Debian so much is the .deb packages are so great, and because they (generally)
(un)install themselves really well. The same can't be said of rpm, I think.
All I know is I was pissed off when I was using .rpms with Redhat, and when I
started using dpkg on debian, I was very pleased. And still am.

> It *does* kind of suck.

It does annoy me also when you can't get the latest whizz bang version of
e.g. Eterm, but at the same time it's a great incentive for us to get up off
our butts and start maintaining them ourselves.

regards etc.

--
  Vincent Murphy | UCC CompSci Student | theDon@cs.ucc.ie | +353 (086) 8397405