SCSI cdrom mounting, #2

To: The Debian Gang - A howdy to all:

Since I posted my message yesterday on debian-user about having
problems mounting my Hitachi CDR-1750S cdrom I have found out
some additional information. As a review, the problems is that
when I give the following command

mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd0 /mnt

my Debian system starts a continous one line message loop that
can't be broken out of: not even Ctrl-Alt-Del. Please see my
information.

1. I decided to try out the possibility that there was a termination
problem, or bad cable, in my external SCSI line. Therefore I put
a termination plug on the outside of my SCSI card and tried to mount
something with the above mount command. Of course, nothing would be
able to mount, but I wanted to see if the endless one line message
loop happened. It did not, and returned the following error message.

mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/scd0 as a block device
       (maybe `insmod driver'?)

2. Therefore, I moved the termination plug so that there was a cable
from the SCSI card to the Hitachi cdrom, and the termination plug
was used to terminate the SCSI line after the cdrom. I left the
Hitachi cdrom off, and issued the same mount command. There was no
endless one line message loop and the follow error message received.

SCSI error: host 0 id 3 lun 0 return code = 27010000
o(very small o)Sense class 0, sense error 0, extended sense 0

These two lines were repeated many times with a few additional lines
thrown in.

3. I next turned the Hitchi cdrom on and ran the same mount command
listed above. Under these conditions, Debian went into the endless
one line loop bit again. By the way, for those who have not seen my
first post on this, the endless one line message is as follows.

Aiee scheduling in interrupt 001260b1

4. Lastly, again as a check, I boot my main Slackware partition and
again run the same mount command, and the Hitachi cdrom is mounted
and functional.

CONCLUSION - Well, I'm still stumped for a solution to this
problem. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I go from here
toward a solution?

Wes Jennings

* We must be land stewards. . . . for our future depends on it! *
* Wes Jennings, soil scientist   wes@blarg.net   1-253-474-5432 *
* Puget Land Consultants     P.O. Box 9635     Tacoma, WA 98409 *