Re: mozilla

On Mon, Nov 02, 1998 at 04:05:44PM +0000, Richard Harran. wrote:
> The nearest thing I could find was mozilla in slink, but this required
> some libs from slink, which in turn require some others, etc, and my
> installed system is from hamm.
>
> Should I install these now on my system, and if so will this cause any
> problems (eg as I need to update libc6)?

Don't bother. Currently mozilla doesn't even work on my system (on which the
binary package was built); most likely there's a problem hidden deep in one
of our library packages, possibly libc.

> BTW, is it worth upgrading to slink, or is this considered unstable.

Slink is now officially frozen, which more or less amounts to "beta".

HTH,
Ray
--
Obsig: developing a new sig