Re: Deity or apt or...?

Hi,
>>"Peter" == Peter Paluch <peterp@frcatel.utc.sk> writes:

 Peter> Could one of you kindly explain me about what is deity and
 Peter> what is apt?

	APT is the new name for deity, since Deity could offend people
 (don't ask), and people couldn't spell it anyway. APT is a work in
 progress, the command line backend is mostly useable, but the GUI
 frontend is not yet done.

 Peter> Also, I've installed apt, but I doesn't look like
 Peter> frontend to dpkg... it seems like new dpkg.

	Well, no, it still uses dpkg, and this us still a frontend to
 dpkg. It is not meant as a replacement for dpkg, just for dselect.

 Peter> Is there some nice X frontend going to be for dpkg?

	When APT is done, it shall replace deselect (at the moment, I
 use dselect, with APT as ther access method).

	manoj
--
 If your aim in life is nothing, you can't miss.