Re: how do I extract a 2.6 gigabyte .tar.gz file ?

Darxus writes:
> Well, I started out being really excited.  Within seconds I had the index
> of my 2.6gb home.tgz scrolling down my screen.  But it looks like it will
> only extract about 1.2gb this way, and unfortunately, as I now know, the
> stuff I need is at the end :/

Something to try with dd:

Go into DOS, defrag the filesystem, and use whatever tools you have there
to find the location of the file on the disk.  Then go back to Linux and
try this:

dd if=/dev/<win32 partition> count=2600k ibs=1k obs=1k skip=<offset of file>
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)