Re: No Next

>> I follow all the steps that dinstall suggest me (i.e. Initialize a Linux
>> Partion, Install device drivers, Conf Network, install etc......).
>> When it comes to "Install Base System" dinstall ask me the path of
>> "base2_0.tgz", I provide it, then it works a while (seems like installation
>> progress). But after then it drops back to dinstall menu with
>> "Next: Install Base system" highlighted. No other "Next" s available.
>> At the end I give up and reboot the machine with a boot floopy for the same
>> partition. It boots and mounts /. However it ends up with blank screen with
>> a prompt "#"!. Nothing else.

>Are you sure the partition is big enough? try switching to the second
>console and running df. If the root partition is filling up before the
>install of the base system can complete then it will give this sort of
>behaviour. I'd also setup more than one partition, at least move /usr
>onto another partition :)
>Nikolai

I'm sure disk space is not the problem. The partion which is mounted as / is
about 1GB and %100 empty. Also I initialize it at the begining of each
installation trial to make sure nothing remains from previous installation.

To make it short I can say that it is a "Clean Start" which doesn't actually
start. :) :)

Further more I'm only installing the base system which is about 10-20MB. It is
clear that something goes wrong with the subprocess which installs
base2_0.tgz. What surprises me is that dinstall does
not provide any clue about the problem. It just falls back to main menu.
Nothing else. Without any clue I can not even guess what went wrong.

At this point I desperately need help.

Regards,
Imran