Re: No Next

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Imran Geriskovan wrote:

> I follow all the steps that dinstall suggest me (i.e. Initialize a Linux
> Partion, Install device drivers, Conf Network, install etc......).
> When it comes to "Install Base System" dinstall ask me the path of
> "base2_0.tgz", I provide it, then it works a while (seems like installation in
> progress). But after then it drops back to dinstall menu with
> "Next: Install Base system" highlighted. No other "Next" s available.
> At the end I give up and reboot the machine with a boot floopy for the same
> partition. It boots and mounts /. However it ends up with blank screen with
> a prompt "#"!. Nothing else.
Are you sure the partition is big enough? try switching to the second
console and running df. If the root partition is filling up before the
install of the base system can complete then it will give this sort of
behaviour. I'd also setup more than one partition, at least move /usr
onto another partition :)

Nikolai