Re: Mirrors

"Stephen A. Witt" wrote:

> My question has to do with the naming of directories in the Debian
> distribution.  I've been mirroring 'stable' now for a while --
> main/binary-all, main/binary-i386, contrib/binary-all,
> contrib/binary-i386, and non-free/binary-all, non-free/binary-i386.  Now I
> decided to start mirroring 'unstable', with the same portions of the
> distribution as above.  But I'm running into problems because 'stable' and
> 'unstable' are soft links to 'hamm' and 'slink' I guess and in
> unstable/main/binary-all/<something> there are links to
> hamm/main/binary-all/<something> instead of to
> stable/main/binary-all/<something>.  When mirror tries to link the files
> it fails on my system because I don't have a hamm directory, only stable.
> So this seems to mean that I must not use 'stable' and 'unstable', but
> 'hamm' and 'slink'.

I have mirrored slink on my computer from Romania and I am going to this
also here, in Japan. My solution was to flaten the links. In this case
you mirror directly the binary-i386 dirs, without the binary-all dirs.
Of course, this works if you mirror only one architecture, like -i386.
Don't know how to do this if you try to mirror more architectures :(

To flaten links:

	  flags_recursive+L

Don't forget to check that the mirror is complete (that is, you have on
the hard disk what you have in Packages files; for this, I make local
Packages.new files and run diff against the original ones. This way I
know if I can use the mirrored distribution !).

Take a look at:

http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-user-9806/msg02464.html

also.

Ionutz