Re: how do I extract a 2.6 gigabyte .tar.gz

Where on earth did you store this file? I could've sworn the ext2fs
had a 2GB/file limit on it? Certainly all the file utilities do. It
has to do with the file pointers being 32-bit signed integers. Nothing
that uses a libc call is going to be able to read beyond 2^31 bits
(which is exactly 2GB) on a 80x86 based system, e.g.
Pentium/PentiumII/386/486 based systems.