Re: Security problem

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Christian Hudon wrote:
> Well, you can also subscribe to debian-security-announce@lists.debian.org
> Information about every security fix released by Debian is posted there.
> (To subscribe, send an email to
> debian-security-announce-request@lists.debian.org with the single word
> 'subscribe' in the subject of the message. And if you're wondering, an
> announcement about the security-announce list was sent to debian-announce
> on its creation.)

Sorry for having used such a rude tone. It is everything perfect if the
stable release gets upgraded in a certain time.

We were hacked here recently, on an old suse-linux-box through a
pop3server. so I am pretty paranoid at the moment.

I remember a discussion here long ago, when cdrom vendors were against
changing the stable tree, only because they would end up in selling cds
which would have been slightly out of date (if I understood the problem
correctly). I remember a bo-updates directory lying around for a long
time, without a Packages.gz file, so installations could only be made
package by package with dpkg.

I have [dists/hamm/main dists/hamm/contrib dists/hamm/non-free] in my
selection in dselect. is there a directory to mention to have the security
updates quicker than a week, without going slink/unstable?

Thanks for your replies.
--
Lukas Eppler (godot)