Which device for scanner?

Hello,

I recently had to re-install because of an 'administrative error'. ;)  I
am now trying to re-setup my UMAX S-6E using SANE.  I remember that I had
to 'mknod' a new sga device, but I can't remember what the major and minor
numbers were.

I've been searching the net and the mailing lists, but I can't remember
where I found the documentation the helped me to set it up originally some
time back.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Oh, JIC, here's what dmesg
says:

scsi0 : Adaptec 152x SCSI driver; $Revision: 1.18 $
scsi : 1 host.
  Vendor: UMAX      Model: UMAX S-6E         Rev: V2.0
  Type:   Scanner                            ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi generic sga at scsi0, channel 0, id 4, lun 0
  Vendor: IOMEGA    Model: ZIP 100           Rev: R.41
Detected scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 5, lun 0
  Vendor: SyQuest   Model: SyJet-S           Rev: 0112
Detected scsi removable disk sdb at scsi0, channel 0, id 6, lun 0

TIA for any help :)
Matthew