Re: notebook install fails when formatting ext2 partition

Hi there,

Jens Ritter <jens@weh.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

[ First problem: strange hang on initialization of ext2 partition]

Still pending.

[ Second problem: no memory left ]

Well, this was a rather striking: "Shoot yourself in the foot".

As mentioned I choose "Do without a swap", so it did.  I disabled
everything from /etc/rc2.d by using lowmem and rescue disc and was
able to log in and run a "cat /proc/meminfo". This showed zero values
for swap...

The system without anything from /etc/rc2.d consumes rather all of the
physical memory of 4 MB (~200 k left).

Jens

--
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de       grimaldi@debian.org