Re: dinstall

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998, Lukas Eppler wrote:

 : No replies to my last post. Probably it was too long. Compressed:
 :
 : What does a kernel to be used with rescue disks need other than
 : initrd/ramdisk?

From
http://debian.midco.net/debian/dists/hamm/main/disks-i386/current/install.txt
(or any other web mirror)

          8.3.  Replacing the Kernel

          If you find  it necessary to replace  the kernel on  the
          Rescue Floppy, you must configure your new kernel  with these
          features linked in, not in loadable modules:

          o  Initial RAM disk.
          o  MSDOS, Minix, and EXT2 filesystems.
          o  ELF executables.

          Copy  your  new  kernel  to  the  file "linux" on the
          Rescue  Floppy, and  then run  the  shell script
          "rdev.sh" that you'll find on the floppy.

 : How can I find out what the problem is when dinstall exits with error
 : code 100?

No clue :)

 : How can I disable scsi bus scans at the boot prompt?

Don't compile in SCSI support and/or pass the proper parameters to the
kernel at boot (see the BootPrompt HOWTO).

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD