Re: My mail doesn't work at all :((((((((((((((( (fwd)

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> Well, the smtp line is:
>
> smtp            stream  tcp     nowait  mail    /usr/sbin/exim exim -bs
>
> is this right? and if so, do you have any idea why mail doesn't work?

That is correct. What do you have in /var/log/exim/mainlog,
/var/log/exim/rejectlog, and /var/log/exim/paniclog?

I seem to recall that your original posting had your config file but I
have deleted it. These logs should give a clue as to why delivery is
failing.

Also, did you add that line to an inetd.conf that was missing the entry?
If so, dont forget to kill -HUP the inetd process so it reads the file.
What is the result of

telnet localhost 25

???

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!