Re: modem connection speed

>How can I tell at what speed I am connecting to my ISP under linux?

Check your modem manual.  There is an AT command that will tell your
modem to report not the DTE port speed (the speed of the interface
between your serial port and the modem itself), but the actual carrier
speed--the speed of the modem to modem connection.

I'm not sure how to tell the ppp daemon or chatscript to tell you that
but if you call them using minicom, it will report the speed when the
connection occurs...or, it will report whichever the modem has been
commanded to report, I should say.  Here, if you've told it to report
the actual carrier speed, thats what you'll see.

Paul