Re: installing debian

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Corbishley Family wrote:

> I then get the error message "The swap partition /dev/hda4 could not be
> activated: Device or resource busy.   Continue." How do I get around
> this. I tried to get past it by choosing to do without a swap partition,
> but further ahead i was told i was out of memory.
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> a very tired customer

Was /dev/hda4 created as a partition of the swap type? In other words,
earlier in the process when you partitioned the drive, did you make
/dev/hda4 the special type "Linux Swap" ? If it is a regular "Linux
Native" type, makeing the swap partition will fail.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!