Re: aha2840 aiee shuting down interrupts

I thought that might be the answer.  If I build a custom kernel (no
modules, everthing built in) for the gateway machine on another
computer how can I replace the kernel on the boot/rescue disk that I
tried to use? Will the install then procede as normal, or is there
anything else that I need to do (If the install tries to use the
kernel from the CD to install as the boot kernel on the HD, then it
won't boot but will panic as before, so the kernel that I build and
place on the boot/rescue floppy MUST be installed on the HD as the
boot kernel.)

---Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
>
>  : I tried to install debian on a computer with an adaptec 2840 scsi
>  : controller. (gateway 2000 486dx2-66, 16m dram) At first I had the
2840
>  : bios disabled and the controller with 3 drives attached was not
>  : detected.  Then I enabled the bios on the 2840 and the controller
was
>  : detected.  A message 'resetting channel' appeared, then a pause,
then
>  : a screen dump 'oops .....
>  : ending with ..... aiee shuting down interrupts'
>  :
>  : What parameters do I need to add at the boot prompt?
>  : I tried boot: aic7xxx=no_reset and got
>  : 'no image aic7xxx=no_reset'.  So i tried
>  : 'linux aic7xxx=no_reset' and 'linux aic7xxx=1' and got the same
screen
>  : dump.  What gives, I thought this controller was supported.  This
>  : computer's cd rom is scsi so I need the controller to install.
(it's