Re: Security problem

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, King Lee wrote:

> The  bug is real, and Debian has a fix.  See security
> lists in Debian. If you  are running Debian 2.0
> you might have a security hole. There was also security
> problems with bind.  The fixes appear in the current distributions
> (2.0.2 I think) not in package-updates.

Why the bloody hell not?

Sorry, this makes me angry. Debian does a whole lot on finding these
holes, then spreading the information they are there, but then every one
has to read at least debian-user or visit the security page on the web to
find out. We have such a great distribution system and make no use of it.

A pity, really.

But thanks for the information.

Gruss
--