Re: mySQL

D'jinnie wrote:
> I recently visited http://mysql.org (was trying to figure out whether I
> should migrate to it). I haven't read their license - but there are a few
> links there that suggested to me that it's not very free - because they
> wanted money for it. Is it GPLed or how does it work?

MySQL is under an "almost free" license, meaning that you get the sources,
you hvae the right to make modification and redistribute these, and you
can use it for anything you wan't (including commercial use) without
having to pay any licensing fees.  The only thing you aren't allowed to
do, IIRC, is to sell MySQL or a derived product for profit.  This is why
the MySQL packages are in non-free and not in main.
--
       /'"`\  zzzZ  | My PGP Public Key is available at:
      ( - - )       | <http://home1.inet.tele.dk/renehl/>