Re: HP 5L still giving problems!!

Before going for all these detailed solutions, let me say that my HP 6L
works fine with magicfilter.  According to my printcap, I used hplj4.  If
the 6L person still has problems with that, we may want to do version
checking to see what differs.  I think I started using this printer in bo
and I'm up to a semi out of date snapshot of slink (I need to check the
archives to see if the x problems finally got fixed).

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, G. Kapetanios wrote:

> I had the same proble. My HP 6L would not work. I tried magicfilter. ASCII
> text printed fine but postscript dvi e.t.c. were garbage.
[ script workaround sniped ]

> On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Jose L Gomez Dans wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > 	First of all, I'd like to thank the response that my previous
> > posting to the list had. Most welcome :D Anyway, I tried one of the
> > most common references people gave me (ie, use magicfilter, and use
> > the ljet4l package). The printer prints now text fine, but when a
> > postscript file is sent to it, it prints out all sorts of weird
> > characters, and something that resembles the file. Does anybody know
> > what's wrong with this? I've got gs (v3.33),  and I've got my
> > magicfilter for ljet4l (among others :D).

Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|   Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)   |