Re: apt-get still won't work with local cdrom

On 22 Oct 1998q, Mitch Blevins wrote:
> Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > I thought I'd got apt-get to read my local cdrom but it seems I was wrong. It
> > will update the packages but won't install anything. I have a Cheapbytes
> > cdrom.
> >
> > The entry in my sources.list is as follows:
> >

> > 	deb file:/cdrom/debian  main/binary-i386/
> >
> > The Packages file is read correctly. However, when I try to install a file I
> > get an error message:
> >
> > 	Unable to stat /cdrom/debian/debian/binary-i386/...
> >
> > In other words, an unwanted extra /debian/ gets into the path when apt-get
> > tries to install a file.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a way round this?
>
>  Have you tried just leaving the 'debian' out of your sources.list entry?
>
>  deb file:/cdrom   main/binary-i386

Yes, I tried that and just about every other combination I can think of. The
only one that gets the Packages list is the original version (which was
suggested by someone here) but it won't actually install anything. I can
however install from the cdrom using the ordinary dselect method.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk