Alien and rpm

I would suggest that it is better to convert the rpm packages to deb
with alien before using.  I have been doing this for months, and I have
not have one (obvious) problem yet ... the packages convert without fail
and install and run just fine.  The reason I suggest doing this instead
of installing the rpm's directly is because you don't want to get used
to the idea of using two package systems on the same computer.  It will
quickly get out of hand.  And, of course, most RPM's depend on a certain
package that you may have installed in the .deb system but not in the
rpm system.  Thus, I say, convert them all with alien.

---Preston