Re: Unidentified subject!

Hope you don't mind...
Out of my reply I have clipped a great many adresses. I would imagine
Alan Cox and Linus Torvalds are very busy men and don't need
my chatter :) - and the Debian-user list is the only one I am on
that even seems mildly aprorpriate  (btw sending it to multiple
redhat adresses is kind of bad form IMHO)

On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 12:11:40PM -0400, Clemmitt Sigler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't mean to "spam," but I am concerned.  Please disregard as
> appropriate.  I'll keep it short.  I'm mainly just an end-user
> FWIW, I have no clout, no special programming skills, and little
> spare time.

Ok...so your not volunteering to help work on it yourself?

> Development of USB and FireWire support is crucial to the future
> of Linux IMHO.  I2O also springs to mind, and Intel may help with
> this.  We've seen media coverage of these shortcomings just this
> week.
>
> Support of these areas by those who have the resources (read
> Red Hat most especially) would be a tremendous contribution to
> the Linux community.  Please consider this.

I have a feeling you will find most of this is already being worked on
in one way or another.

Have you researched these (I havn't I must admit) but...there seem to be linux
projects for everything else under the sun (and even On SUNs ;) )?

How far along is current work in the area? If you want people to help...
you could at least provide a pointer for where to get started ;)

-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"