Re: Waiting for scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d

I use "pidof" for this purpose. Seems to work better,
for me at least, than searching for strings in the output
of "ps" You can discard the output of "pidof" and use the
return value. Something like shown below. Substituting the
program you want to monitor for "suck".

while pidof suck > /dev/null ; do
      sleep 60 ;
done