RE: Waiting for scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d

>From: 	Peter Iannarelli[SMTP:Peter.Iannarelli@genxl.com]
>Hello:
>
>Wouldn't it just be cleaner to use dial on demand (diald)
>which would automatically bring up and/or turn down the
>link based on idle time.

Sorry, I should have said this. Diald won't work for two main reasons.
First, my ISP passes mail to me when I'm online (not via POP3 - I can
use POP3, but it's not suitable for a number of complex reasons...). So
I have to go online anyway to grab mail. Second, I want to work in a
batch-online mode, where I get everything in one big slug (which I can
run, for example, while I have my tea :-) and then scan it all offline.

Hope this explains better,
Paul.