Re: Newbie ? : mtab and X - viewports

Person, Rod hat gesagt: // Person, Rod wrote:

> 1)Why when I unmount my floppy using this command:
> 		umount /dev/fd0
>    why does it erase the /dev/fd0 line from mtab?

mount and umount keep a temporary list of mounted filesystems in /etc/mtab.
So if you unmount the floppy it gets removed from mtab and that's a
feature...

> 2) When I first used X I had a virutal screen at least 2 times the size
> of my display. I was using - twm I believe (what ever is standard X base
> window manager). Now I use windowmaker and the display is only a few row
> wider and longer. Is this determined by the viewport (I believe this is
> the correct name) setting in the xf86config display section?

Both the window manager and the Xserver are capable of doing virtual
screens. The size of the virtual X-screen is configured in the section
screen of XF86Config, the window manager configuration is under
/etc/X11/"nameOfWindowmanager" I don't use windowmaker so you will have to
RTFM.

Bye,
--
						     __    __