Re: Thanks! Re: Removing ^M in files--in bulk?

*-kvaughan@bc.cc.ca.us

| Are there any good books (starting at a basic level working up) for things
| like this?  Perl seems to be a hot thing for Linux (as well as shell
| programming/scripting).  While it will take me a while to get up the curve,
| it would be nice to have so good refernces around.

For a gentle introduction to Perl, try the Llama-book:

"Learning Perl" published by O'Reilly.

For shell (bash) programming:

"Learning the bash shell" published by O'Reilly.

PS: This is not an advertising campaign for O'Reilly, but their books
with animals on the cover are generally excellent.

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee to theorems
                                        (Erd\H{o}s Pál)