Removing ^M in files--in bulk?

I have a bunch of files (est. 200) which were brought over from OS/2 after
being detached from emails (I've not got Debian networked yet here at
work--subject of another post).

All of them have this control character (^M) at the end of each line, as
seen in vi (which I know v. little about except very basic I/O).  These need
to be removed before the files can be compiled.

I am really hoping there is a way to do this in bulk ... using sed or
something similar??  I am v. new to Linux, so have no grip yet on the more
powerful utilities and/or syntax.  (Nor am I a programmer.)  Is there a way
to do this??  Thanks!

Kenward
kvaughan@bc.cc.ca.us