Re: Intel740 graphic accelerator

Your timing couldn't be better!

RedHat has been working in a couple of partnerships to turn out some
binary-only servers for XFree (the XBF project.)

They just yesterday announced a new beta release of their i740 driver
(the first beta had been tested with only 1 mfrs card.)

This is at:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/XBF/XBF-i740-glibc-0.9.8-1.i386.rpm

FYI:  This is a beta, and I haven't tried this myself.  It's packaged
as .RPM, I guess you can use alien to repackage as a .deb, although
making a .tgz and manually installing might be the proper route, if
you are comfortable with this.

For those with a tight, free-software-kink (and running Debian, who
doesn't?): There is hope that source will ultimately be released to
XFree86, as was the case with the RedHat/XBF NeoMagic drivers.

Cheers,
Jeremiah

---Kirston Akos <krisah@vpg.hu> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I bought a vga card with Intel740 garphic accelerator. What kind of
> xserver can take the full advantages of it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> krisah
>

> --
debian-user-request@lists.debian.org < /dev/null

==
Jeremiah Cornelius
"It's not whether you win or lose, but the platitudes you use."