Re: dvi viewer in 2.0

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Paul Seelig wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 CHUCK@URIACC.URI.EDU wrote:
>
> > I have just upgraded to 2.0. Previously I could view .dvi files with xdvi.
> > It is no longer present. Is there a .dvi viewer (preferably for x) that
> > does not require a tetex installation?
> >
> Yes, there is tmview-98.06, which is split into the two .deb packages
> "dvisvga" for the console and "dvilx" for X11. Both work just great and
> especially "dvisvga" is a great means for having true WYSIWYG right at the
> console. These packages are not present in Debian-2.0 but you can easily
> fetch the sources from "frozen" and compile it yourself. I've already done

dvisvga and dvilx from slink (frozen) work perfectly under debian 2.0,
there's no need to recompile them :) Btw debian 2.0 has the binary package
tmview which has only an svga viewer. I split it into dvisvga and dvilx
since the latest tmview supports X nicely.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/