Re: Network adapters (speed 100MB)

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, jrivas wrote:

> Anybody knows some network adapter (speed 100MB) which supports linux
> drivers?

I never expected my first post to the debian list after having just
switched from Red Hat would be an answer(!), but...

Drivers exist for quite a few of them. I use 3com 3c905 cards and have had
no problems with them, but many recommend one of the many alternatives
instead (several people have reported great difficulty with them under
high loads). Another popular choice is the intel etherexpress.

I'd start by looking at Donald Becker's excellent drivers page;

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/

--
Graham Ashton