Re: StarOffice -or- Applixware 4.4.1

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:38:13 -0700
"Bob Barth" <olympic@netamerica.com> wrote:

> Should I keep my Applixware 4.4.1 suite or replace it with the StarOffice
> suite?

This isn't an answer to your question, sorry, but something I thought
was a little interesting...

I've been doing some research down at the Victorian Coroner's Court (I'm
a criminology student, studying homicide). In a day and age where most
government departments seem to be selling their souls to microsoft, the
coroner's court (well, at least the bits of it I see) are all running
Sun Sparc's, with a few X Terminals thrown in for good measure.

Was quite interested to find out today that they all use Applix for all
their word processing and spreadsheets and all that (a Sun version,
obviously, but I don't imagine the Linux version is all that different).
Obviously it's quite usable in a busy office environment.

Unfortunately, I think they are talking about moving everyone to
Windows... Do think they should at least consider Linux tho! :)

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
(damon@empire.net.au)     | As my head fell in the basket,