Re: New motherboard (and processor)

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:

> Michael Beattie dixit:
>
> > On Sun, 18 Oct 1998 homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:
>
> > Your manufacturers website: http://www.ability.com/ (I think thats right)
> > They should have some specs on your MB, But as a stab in the dark, I would
> > say that yes, you do have an ATX board.
> >
> > Recompiling the kernel is easy, install the kernel-package and
> > kernel-source-2.0.34 packages, and read the docs for kernel-package.
>
> In that case, wouldn't it be worth to recompile the latest stable kernel
> (2.0.35?)?

Yeah.. it would, I installed linux on a friends ATX pc yesterday, and I
found that it is 2.0.35 that has ATX support. (Is that right folks? - I
only looked quickly)

I said 2.0.34 because that is the latest version available in hamm.

> > > That's good news... will they keep coming?
> >
> > Im sorry.. I dont understand?
>
> I was just hoping you would give me the same good news about the m'board, so
> good news "would keep coming".

Aha... Well.. Bad news is in the eye of the beholder,

> Thanks yet again.

Not a problem

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

             WinErr: 006 Malicious error - Desqview found on drive