Re: just shoot me

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Steve Lamb wrote:

>     Personally, on production machines that you don't have access to easily
> enough (for me that is walking into the next room) I'd not even think of
> upgrading from a stable to a frozen.  I'd just ride the stables out.

Generally, I agree. In this case, I had been having so much luck with
slink and it was so stable on a couple of my platforms that I decided to
upgrade. I knew about the sysklogd problem and THOUGHT I had marked that
package as "hold" but I must not have ... dammit. That is what I get for
doing things at 2am.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!