Re: just shoot me

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> That turned out to be the problem. I thought SURE I had that package on
> "hold" in dselect but I must have made a slip-up.  For all practical
> purposes 1.3-29 should be considered FATAL. Maybe Debian was a bit
> premature in its freeze announcement ;)
The whole point of freeze is that no new packages are added and bugs
in existing packages (like this, an obviously other bugs in sysklog as
it is a the 29th release of 1.3) are fixed before the system release.
The idea of dee freeze is that the only the fixes for release critical
bugs, bugs that the system should not be released with, are added to
the release system. By doing this you can set a general time for the
release of a system that  is fairly stable with any further updates to
go in the update section of mirrors.

Nikolai