Re: Debian and K6-2

> I am planning to do an upgrade from a Pentium 233MHz to an K6-2 350MHz. I
> really like the idea of a faster processor combined with a faster bus. Maybe
> I'll manage to compile the kernel in less than 3 minutes :-)!
>
> But I would like to know if Linux behave well in such machines. I've heard
> that tere are two K6 bugs that can't be worked around by kernel (and are
> reported at boot time). What are they? Are they dangerous?

I've heard such rumours, but I have a K6-2 300, and it hasn't given me any
trouble at all so far.  If anything, some of the newer motherboard
settings have been hard to figure out (yes, it's the 100 MHz bus).  To
qualify this, I'm not using my machine for anything commercial, so I
haven't had to depend on it being up all of the time.  Anyone else have
any insight?

-Joe