Moving from hamm to slink

I'm running a mostly "hamm" system at the moment, with only a few
non-critical packages taken from "slink".  I'm tempted to go
all-"slink" sometime soon, and upgrade my base stuff to the latest of
everything.  Can I do this simply by switching off the "hold"
instructions on everything and letting apt-get do its funky stuff, or
are there hidden dependencies it's worth handling by hand?  Any
special benefits to this change, besides dselect looking happier?

thanks in advance,
--
  __
\/ o\ paul@hedonism.demon.co.uk         Edinburgh fetish club Permission \ /