netscape

I have read many posts to this list about netscape not working, what
version to use, etc.  Not knowing any better I loaded the '.rpm' from
redhat 5.1 figuring that it was a libc6 version (I converted the rpm
to a deb using alien and then just dpkg -i on the deb.)  I did not use
the debian netscape installer, so I had to edit the fvwm95 'rc file to
point the menu to the exact path that netscape got installed into.
This seems to work fine, except once in a rare while it complains
about ilegal fonts or colors.  Once this happens I have to kill
netscape and re-start it.  Looks like some web sites can cause this.