Re: HDD sleep

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Michael Beattie wrote:

> This one bothers me too... I used to have it sorted, it was smail running
> to send mail..  I use exim now, but it isn't that, I have disabled its
> crontab entry.

It will look at the user's home directory for a .forward file for each
mail delivery. Also, Linux flushes its disk buffers every so often. The
2.2 kernels will really cut down on the disk IO.

> I was really replying about this... Yes, it does. (I find it is easier in
> there than anywhere else.

I put mine in /sbin/setup.sh

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!