Re: just shoot me

*- George Bonser wrote about "just shoot me"

| I upgraded a remote server last night to slink and have not heard from it
| since. I did notice that the telnet session I was on was ok and the box
| could see incoming traffic but it could not reply. In other words, when I
| try to telnet to the box, it sees the connection and starts telnetd but
| the traffic never gets back to the remote machine. Like an idiot, I
| decided to reboot it ... ok, now you can shoot me.
|
| George Bonser
|
| The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!

Well the sysklogd_1.3-29 in slink is seriously broken and is causing all
sorts of problems.  There is a newer version on the maintainers site
that is reported to fix it.

ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/people/joey/debian/sysklogd_1.3-30_i386.deb

--
Brian
							   - unknown