Window Maker 0.20.1 and required libs...

Hi all-

I was wondering if anyone here is using version 0.20.1 of Window Maker?
I have the gzipped & tarred file and compiled it, but I don't have
support for any graphic format other than xpm. I've installed the debian
packages for the following files:

   libpng
   libtiff
   libjpeg

and I installed libXPM via a gzipped tarball.

For some reason WM can't find the debian packages I installed, but it
finds the libxpm stuff just fine.

If anyone else has WM installed, how did you do it? Do I need to poke
around one or two of the WM files to change some paths? If so can
someone enlighten me?

TIA,

Mark