keyboard driver with audio (*click*) feedback?

  Does Debian have a keyboard driver that provides a builtin | configurable
  audio feedback?  It occurs to me that I may after all be able to use
  my old 386SX laptop for something other than a paperwight.  But I need
  the feedback to type efficiently.  The Suns have the `click [-yn]'
  utility that works either in console mode or X mode.  At home on my
  *BSD systems I have clickable keyboards.

  I'm no longer subscribed to this list so kindly cc: me.

  thanks in advance,

  gary kline