Re: Any Debian aware folks in Myrtle Beach, SC, USA?

stick@richnet.net said

> Howdy all.
>
> I have a user in Myrtle Beach/Seaside area of South Carolina, USA
> who needs some help.  System disconnected while downloading packages,
> ppp-pam is installed, but not libpam.
>
> Now they can't get connected to their ISP so I can finish the install.
>
> Need someone familiar w/ Debian who can help.  Anyone?
> Just need ppp and/or libpam on a diskette for them to get back in shape.
> CD won't do any good for them - old laptop w/o PCMCIA or CD-ROM drive...

Answered my own question:
moved /usr/sbin/pppd out of the way and then copied /usr/sbin/pppd.ppp-pam
back to /usr/sbin/pppd now it works!!

--
Chuck Stickelman, Owner			E-Mail:	<stick@richnet.net>
Practical Network Design		Voice:	+1-419-529-3841