Re: SATAN .deb?

At 14:16 Uhr +0100 15.10.1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

>it's an essential admin tool for checking your  setup.

This is the reason why it shouldn't be prepackaged. I really can't imagine
anybody concerned about security trusting a prepackaged security scanner.

Personally, I wouldn't. That's perhaps because two vital parts of my Debian
2.0 system were broken the way the *.deb files installed them. (cnews and
UUCP) I think I'll steer clear of *.deb files in the future and go the
*.tar.gz route. YMMV, though.