[Q] backspace problems connecting to XDM via eXceed

Hi,

I am running xdm on my machine.  When I log into the machine on the
console, my xterm's backspace is working fine.  But when another user
logs into my machine using eXceed on NT (using XDMCP-broadcast),
backspace does not work.  What resources / files should I modify to map
backspace to ^H?

Here are snippets from some of my config files -

/etc/X11/Xresources
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
XTerm*termName: xterm
*VT100*backarrowKey: false
*VT100.Translations: #override <Key>Delete: string("\033[3~")\n\
                               <Key>Home: string("\033OH")\n\
                               <Key>End: string("\033OF")

I *really* prefer setting termName to xterm.

$ diff /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources_0
1c1
< ! /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources
---
> ! /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources_0
3c3
< ! X resources used by xdm sessions
---
> ! X resources used by xdm sessions on display :0

I don't think it is my ~/.Xresources that gives me proper backspacing on
the console.  When I log into my machine using eXceed remotely I have
the same backspace problem.

If the remote user just uses eXceed to open an xterm (and not an XDM
session), the backspacing works fine.

Thaths
--
"Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like.  I'm the one out there
every day putting his ass on the line.  And I'm not out of order!