Re: Kde Problem...

At 11:17 AM 10/15/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Make sure that kfm is running (kfm has no graphical interface, it is
>essentially a daemon that spawns the programs that you want to run.  The
>graphical file manager is kfmclient).
>
>Also try starting your programs from an xterm, and see if you get any
>error messages.  (start the xterm in your .xsession, if you can't get kde
>to start one for you.).

Hrrm, ok now this is interesting...  kfm _is_ running.  xterm runs(via
Ctrl-F2 and running it) but kvt does not.  I got netscape up(had to write a
script that killed the /usr/X11R6/lib from the LD_LIBRARY_PATH since it
uses libc5 stuff)....  However, kvt still does not run...  when I run it
from w/in an xterm it says that it can't find libkdeutil.so.1  although it
A) exists and B) is pointed to in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  This is, obviously,
a problem.  :>  Any suggestions?

--Evan