Afterstep Debian popup submenu not working

Hello,

I have a problem with popup menus in the Afterstep window
manager: the Debian submenu is empty.  On my system at home, this
submenu is fully populated with lots of entries.  Both systems run the
latest Afterstep version, though, and were upgraded in a similar
manner from bo.

There has been a bug report about this, but it is marked as solved and
not available on the net any more.  Probable this one contains
a hint about what might be wrong with one of my systems.

Thanks for any suggestion.

--
--	Patrick Weemeeuw		patrick@netvision.be
--	NetVision NV,     Parijsstraat 74,     B-3000 Leuven